Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Let the party begin.

My lovely volunteer team gave me a bit of a surprise party today. They decided to do it early because I'm off work on my actual birthday and today suited them best which was okay by me. When I got to work there were banners and balloons in the window announcing to all and sundry that it was my birthday and how old I was - or rather will be. I had presents and cards to open and around mid morning a man arrived with some flowers. Then about 12.30 the phone rang and when I answered it, it was the one volunteer who couldn't make it who told me that they had one last surprise for me. Right on cue a cake appeared complete with candles and a rendition of "Happy birthday to you." I was so touched. And right now, as I sit looking at my 8 balloons including the "Keep calm you're only 50" one I have a warm a fuzzy feeling inside. They are a remarkable bunch of people and I am lucky to have them. And so the party has officially started and it will carry on tomorrow with a couple of hours being pampered by my hairdresser and his daughter. After that, who knows?

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise? Have a great day, Colette. Remember you've still got many wonderful years ahead of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't that lovely :-) Hope the fun continues - Happy Birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope so Paula.
    Yes it is Teresa. I felt/feel really honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely time celebrating your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Debbie, I intend to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest.